Welcome, from .CO
The .CO Innovator’s Circle is calling all Startup Weekend teams that are launching their brilliant ideas on a .CO domain for the chance to win a trip to one of two amazing events: LeWeb Paris or Eric Reis’ Lean Startup Conference! Any team that builds their idea on a .CO domain during your Startup Weekend event is eligible. See rules for full details (our lawyer made us say that).
Get your .CO here!
**Entry Due 24 hours after your event ends**
Click for more!
Finalists will be judged on:
- Business Model: Can this idea make money? Is there positive customer growth or revenue? Is there a customer acquisition / rollout strategy? Has a revenue model been defined and is it realistic? Is the idea/team ready for capital and execution? Would you invest in this company at this point?
- Customer Validation: Did the team identify customers (demographic, location etc)? Did the team get out and talk to customers? What is the value proposition to customers? What channels of communication are used? Product/Market fit?
- Technical – Execution: Is there a functional product (e.g.in the case of an app, did they build one)? Were architecture diagrams and API signatures included? Which services did they integrate with? How much of the product is running on a real server with non-sample data?
- Design – Execution: Does it have a professional look and feel? Does it deliver a compelling and captivating user experience? Is it memorable? What key insights were gathered over the weekend to go in this creative direction?
- Team - Longevity: Does this team have the pieces, skills, and leadership to successfully move forward on this idea? Does this team seem committed to making their idea work in the long-term?
- Enthusiasm for .CO: Did the team communicate enthusiasm for .CO in their submission video?
- In addition to meeting the general eligibility requirements established by UP Global/Startup Weekend in the official rules for participation in the Global Startup Battle (the “Official Rules”), each person that participates in the Innovator’s Circle battle (a “Contestant”) must meet the following additional eligibility requirements:
- Contestants must be part of a team formed during the specific Startup Weekend event attended by such Contestant (a “Team”).
- By the time the Voting Phase (as defined in the Official Rules) commences, the Team must have developed and launched a website promoting the Team’s proposed business (the “Team Site”). In addition, the Team Site must be located on a domain name in the .CO top level domain (a “.CO Domain”). The Team Site must actually reside on a .CO Domain. Use of a .CO Domain merely to forward traffic to a URL on another top level domain is not acceptable.
- Pro tip: You can get your idea online quickly through the POP.CO offer at www.go.co/startupweekend!
For more information, please view the official Circle page at http://www.globalstartupbattle.co/enter/dotco